Effective Monday, March 29, 2021, additional individuals that live, work, or are educated in New Jersey are now eligible to receive the vaccine.
These new categories include essential workers in the following sectors:
- Food production, agriculture, and food distribution, including grocery store workers and restaurant staff
- Eldercare and eldercare support staff
- Warehousing and logistics
- Social service workers and support staff
- Elections personnel
- Hospitality, including casino workers and hotel/lodging staff
- Medical supply chain
- Postal and shipping service
- Judicial system
Beginning April 5, 2021, even more people will be eligible for the vaccine, including the following:
- All individuals aged 55+
- All Individuals 16 and over with intellectual and developmental disabilities:
- Developmental disabilities are a group of conditions due to an impairment in physical, learning, language, or behavior areas.
- Essential workers in the following sectors:
- Communications, IT, and media workers, including communications infrastructure support (engineers, technicians) and members of the press
- Laundry service workers, including workers in laundromats, laundry services, and dry cleaners
- Real estate, building, and home service workers, including construction workers, code officials, plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, property management, and maintenance workers
- Retail financial institution workers, including bank tellers, lending service, public accounting, and check cashing workers.
- Sanitation workers, including workers providing disinfection and janitorial services for all essential facilities and modes of transportation; city sanitation workers; residential, commercial, and industrial solid and hazardous waste removal.
- Utility workers, including electrical generation and supply system, natural gas delivery, nuclear power plant, water supply, telephone, cable/fiber optical/broadband/cellular service workers
- Higher Education workers, including educators and support staff
- Librarians, including support staff at municipal, county, and state libraries (i.e. those not included in K-12 announcement)
For a complete list of who is currently eligible for the vaccine, click here for more information.
Getting the Vaccine if You Are Eligible
If you are eligible for the vaccine, please keep an eye out for an email notifying you of an available appointment in the Vaccine Scheduling System. If you prefer not to wait for an appointment through NJVSS, there are additional ways to get vaccinated:
- You can make an appointment directly with a vaccination location that does not use the Vaccine Scheduling System. Click here to view these locations.
- If you are a Veteran or live or work at a VA facility, you may be eligible for vaccines through the VA. Click here to learn more from the VA.
Dedicated Vaccine Appointment Assistance for Seniors (Aged 65+)
Individuals aged 65 and older can now call a special senior hotline at 856–249–7007 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for vaccination scheduling support. Dedicated appointment slots are reserved for those aged 65 and older. Appointment availability and scheduling varies by location.
Find more information
- You can visit covid19.nj.gov/vaccine or call 855–568–0545
- For weekly updates on COVID-19 news, subscribe to the State’s weekly COVID-19 newsletter
Unsubscribe from NJVSS and Related Email Updates
If you have already been fully vaccinated and no longer want an appointment through NJVSS, please click here to be removed from the system.
Please note that we may still email you occasionally with urgent information.