TODAY’S COVID-19 CASE SUMMARY
There has been one (1) new case of COVID-19 in Montgomery and Rocky Hill since our last report on Tuesday, 6-22-21, and just that one case the entire last week. Detailed Case Report at the end of this ebulletin.
VACCINATE AT PIKE RUN TODAY & FARMER’S MARKET TOMORROW
A recent clinic at the Pike Run Clubhouse.
Montgomery is offering several free vaccine clinics over the next week for persons 18 and older, including a clinic this afternoon and evening at the Pike Run Clubhouse. Appointments and walk-ins will be accepted at these clinics:
- Montgomery will offer the Moderna vaccine on June 25th from 3pm to 7pm at the Pike Run Clubhouse.
- Both the Moderna and the Johnson & Johnson one-shot vaccine will be offered at the Montgomery Farmer’s Market at the Village Shoppes Saturday June 26th from 9am-noon.
- The Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines will be offered at the Elks Club Monday June 28th from 5-7pm.
Visit the Montgomery health department website for a complete list of clinics. The Pfizer vaccine is available for ages 12 and older, while the Moderna and J&J vaccines are for 18 and older. If you are looking to book an appointment for family members 12 and older, use the state’s vaccine finder website for a local pharmacy or clinic.
The Montgomery Health Department says the high rate of vaccination in Montgomery is the reason case counts have dropped to zero.
“Case counts are down because the vaccines are so effective, and 84% of our adults have started or completed the vaccination process,” said Health Officer Stephanie D. Carey. “If you are not among them, now is the time.”
HEALTH DEPT. RELEASES VAX VIDEO IN SPANISH
The Montgomery Township Health Department is working hard to reach our most vulnerable populations with vaccines for COVID-19. As part of this effort, a new video has been released in Spanish (with English subtitles) for sharing on social media and messaging apps.
The video features Amanda Pulagrin, whose job is to focus on at-risk communities through outreach. A special focus is on landscape and construction workers. Residents are encouraged to share the video with Spanish speakers whom they know.
WATCH VIDEO & HELP MONTGOMERY EMS WIN A VEHICLE!
A compelling video that tells the story of Montgomery Emergency Medical Services is earning an audience nationwide, thanks to being named a finalist first-responder organization in a contest for a new emergency vehicle.
The winner of a Land Rover Defender will be selected based on the number of votes from the public at the Land Rover First Responder contest website. If you’d like to support Montgomery EMS, you can vote every per day between now and Monday June 28 at midnight.
FINANCIAL RELIEF AVAILABLE
Relief programs are available to people impacted financially by the pandemic.
- Recently, the income limits and the amount of funds have been increased for Somerset County families who are eligible to receive money from the Emergency Rental Relief Program (ERRP) to help keep them in their homes if they have lost their income due to the pandemic. Additional information, and an easy-to-use online application are available.
- A new Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service to eligible households. The program also offers a discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers. Eligible households can enroll through an approved provider (such as CenturyLink, Comcast or Verizon, and many cellular providers) or by visiting getemergencybroadband.org. For more information, check out the Broadband Benefit Consumer FAQ.
- Assistance is available to help you pay your utility bills. All New Jerseyans with outstanding balances are encouraged to apply for utility assistance programs now to lower their balances and also contact their utility company to request a flexible repayment plan. You may be newly eligible for financial assistance programs to help you pay your bills. You can learn more and apply for utility help now using a new screening tool from the NJ Department of Community Affairs at gov/dca/dcaid.
- Funeral expense relief is available via the Federal Emergency Management Agency for people who have had to pay funeral expenses for a family member lost to COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. Funeral relief information is available online.
NOMINATE YOUR ENVIRONMENT CHAMPION!
The Montgomery Environmental Commission wants to recognize township residents, students, businesses and organizations who are taking steps to protect our shared environment with the inaugural Montgomery Environmental Awards.
For example, tell us about the efforts of your neighbor who turned their yard into a backyard habitat, or a student who volunteers to shine a light on environmental issues, or a local business going above and beyond to incorporate sustainable practices into their operations.
The Township is seeking nominations by July 15 in these categories: 1) Climate Change & Clean Air; 2) Water Resources; 3) Healthy Ecosystems & Habitats; 4) Landowner of the Year; and 5) Healthy & Sustainable Businesses. For a description of eligibility, award categories, and the nomination process, visit the EC website.
Nominations are due by 4pm July 15 via email to LWasilauski@twp.montgomery.nj.us or via mail to: Montgomery Environmental Commission, 2261 Van Horne Road, Belle Mead NJ 08502.
Winners will be announced this fall.
DETAILED COVID CASE REPORT
There has been one (1) new case in Montgomery and Rocky Hill, since our last report on Tuesday, 6-22-21.
s of 9AM today, June 25
Montgomery cases: 1275
Montgomery deaths: 24
Rocky Hill cases: 35
Rocky Hill deaths: 1
Age Ranges of Cases in Montgomery & Rocky Hill:
1310 confirmed and probable cases for Montgomery and Rocky Hill in total, of which:
– 1284 presumed recovered a
– 1 currently ill
– 25 fatalities
a “Presumed recovered” means cases that have met the criteria for discontinuation of isolation. A minimum of 10 days from diagnosis, or three days after symptoms resolve, whichever is longer.
Testing Site info found at: https://health.montgomery.nj.us/covid-testing/