TODAY’S COVID-19 CASE SUMMARY
There were just two (2) new cases in Montgomery and Rocky Hill since our last report on Friday, 5-21-21. Detailed Case Report at the end of this ebulletin.
115 VACCINATED OVER WEEKEND; PIKE RUN CLINIC THURSDAY
Deputy Health Officer Devangi Patel (c) with members of Montgomery EMS Givlia Gershel (l) and Syona Hariharan (r) at Saturday’s clinic at the OKCC.
The Montgomery Health Department vaccinated 115 people on Friday and Saturday at the Otto Kaufman Community Center. Many of the first dose recipients were college students returning home for summer.
Montgomery Township will hold a Moderna pop-up vaccine clinic Thursday at the Pike Run neighborhood clubhouse for anyone 18 and older, from 3pm to 7pm. Appointments are available, but walk-ins are accepted as well.
To sign up for Thursday’s clinic, or to review other scheduled clinic dates, visit the Montgomery health department website.
If any resident needs help with transportation, New Jersey’s 2-1-1 program is offering free round-trip Lyft rides for vax appointments. Just call 2-1-1 to arrange a ride. For more help, call Somerset County’s COVID Hotline at (908) 231-7155.
SIGN UP NOW FOR PFIZER CLINIC AT MONTGOMERY SCHOOLS
The Montgomery Health Department today announced a clinic with the Pfizer vaccine on June 3 from 5 to 8pm at Montgomery High School. While open to everyone, including parents and siblings, the clinic is to facilitate vaccinations for students as young as age 12.
The Pfizer vaccine clinics have been organized in partnership with the Montgomery Township School District and Penn Medicine. Online registration will be first-come, first-served through the New Jersey’s Vaccine Scheduling System. These school appointments just went live this afternoon. Residents with limited internet access may get assistance by contacting Amanda Pulgarin at (908) 359-8211 x2400.
Last week, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy announced that all schools will be back to full-time, in-person instruction for the 2021-2022 school year this fall.
MONTGOMERY INFO SESSION ON CANNABIS BUSINESSES THURSDAY
Following the recent legalization of cannabis by the New Jersey legislature, municipalities like Montgomery Township need to make decisions related to business zoning, regulation, and taxes.
On Thursday May 27 at 7pm, Montgomery Township will hold a virtual session to explain the process to residents, and collect feedback. The Zoom link for the session is available on the Township Meeting Calendar.
MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE
2019 Memorial Day photo.
The Montgomery Veterans Memorial Committee will be hosting a Memorial Day Ceremony on May 31, 2021 at 9:00am at the Montgomery Veterans Park on Harlingen Road in Belle Mead.
The ceremony will feature lowering of the flags by Montgomery Township Boy and Girl Scouts, a spiritual message provided by Reverend Christopher Heitkamp, reflections provided by Montgomery Mayor Devra Keenan and the playing of Taps. Please join us on Memorial Day to honor and remember all our military service members who have died while serving our country.
TYPES OF FINANCIAL RELIEF AVAILABLE
Relief programs are available to people impacted financially by the pandemic.
- Recently, the income limits and the amount of funds have been increased for Somerset County families who are eligible to receive money from the Emergency Rental Relief Program (ERRP) to help keep them in their homes if they have lost their income due to the pandemic. Additional information, and an easy-to-use online application are available.
- A new Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service to eligible households. The program also offers a discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers. Eligible households can enroll through an approved provider (such as CenturyLink, Comcast or Verizon, and many cellular providers) or by visiting sort by org. For more information, check out the Broadband Benefit Consumer FAQ.
- Assistance is available to help you pay your utility bills. All New Jerseyans with outstanding balances are encouraged to apply for utility assistance programs now to lower their balances and also contact their utility company to request a flexible repayment plan. You may be newly eligible for financial assistance programs to help you pay your bills. You can learn more and apply for utility help now using a new screening tool from the NJ Department of Community Affairs at gov/dca/dcaid.
- Funeral expense relief is available via the Federal Emergency Management Agency for people who have had to pay funeral expenses for a family member lost to COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. Funeral relief information is available online.
DETAILED COVID CASE REPORT
There have been just two (2) new cases in Montgomery and Rocky Hill, since our last report on Friday, 5-21-21.
As of 9AM today, May 24
Montgomery cases: 1268
Montgomery deaths: 24
Rocky Hill cases: 35
Rocky Hill deaths: 1
Age Ranges of Cases in Montgomery & Rocky Hill:
1303 confirmed and probable cases for Montgomery and Rocky Hill in total, of which:
– 1261 presumed recovered a
– 17 currently ill
– 25 fatalities
a “Presumed recovered” means cases that have met the criteria for discontinuation of isolation. A minimum of 10 days from diagnosis, or three days after symptoms resolve, whichever is longer.
Testing Site info found at: https://health.montgomery.nj.us/covid-testing/