TODAY’S COVID-19 CASE SUMMARY
There has been one (1) new case in Montgomery/Rocky Hill since our last report Wednesday, 10-07-20. Full report at the end of this e-bulletin.
Planning for a Safe and Happy Halloween
Montgomery Township Health Dept. Issues Covid-19 Safety Advice for Halloween
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related cautions, many communities are cancelling common Halloween events, including, trick-or-treating. The Township asks the community to support and adhere to the below guidance to ensure that all the children – and everyone in town – remain safe and protected.
Halloween during COVID-19 can still be fun! Decorations and socially-distant greetings are fine! Congregating closely in groups is not!
- Instead of trick-or-treating, residents are asked to participate in “Driveway” or “One-way” trick-or-treating: Place bowls or treat bags in the front yard or in driveways and sidewalk edges – in any way that works best for them – to reduce contact and exposure in accordance with CDC guidance. Wave to the children from your porch or window. Trick-or Treat at 6 Feet!
- Face masks are required for trick-or-treaters and parents/guardians. Skip the costume masks this year and decorate your face mask! Make sure your face mask covers the mouth and nose and doesn’t leave gaps around the face.
- Limit groups of trick-or-treaters and parents/families traveling together. No one should be congregating closely. If another group is close to yours, wait and allow time for them to move on before approaching the next house.
- Shouting and screaming requires greater distancing. This is important considering the typical “Trick-or-Treat” call! The greater the distance, the lower the risk of spreading a respiratory virus.
- Be prepared to adjust on the fly! The rules may change as the number of cases change.
Enjoy the holiday, build new memories, and continue working together to keep our community safe! We’ve come so far – let’s just keep it going!
Register Online for Health Department Flu Shots
The following clinics have been added by appointment only:
- Saturday, October 10, 9AM to 11AM: Drive through Clinic at Hopewell Boro Train Station on Railroad Avenue, Hopewell
- Saturday, October 17, 9AM to 12 Noon, Drive through Clinic at Montgomery Municipal Building
Appointments can be made on our website:
Individuals without internet access can call 908-359-8211 x227 for appointments.
Further details at: https://health.montgomery.nj.us/flu-vaccination-clinics/
TODAY’S COVID-19 FULL CASE REPORT
There has been one (1) new case in Montgomery/Rocky Hill since our last report Wednesday, 10-07-20.
As of 9 am today, 10-09
Montgomery cases: 180
Montgomery deaths: 7
Rocky Hill cases: 6
Rocky Hill deaths: 0
Age Ranges of Cases in Montgomery & Rocky Hill:
186 confirmed and probable cases for Montgomery and Rocky Hill in total, of which:
– 168 presumed recovereda
– 11 currently ill
– 7 fatalities
a “Presumed recovered” means 30 days have elapsed since individual’s diagnosis and the person is not hospitalized.
Testing Site info found at: https://health.montgomery.nj.us/covid-testing/