TODAY’S COVID-19 CASE SUMMARY
There have been zero (0) new cases in Montgomery/Rocky Hill since our last report Friday, 10-02-20. Full report at the end of this bulletin.
Stop the “Twindemic”: Get your flu shot now!
On-line Registration for Health Department Flu Shots Now Open
New Clinics Added!
Due to high demand, clinic schedules are posted at the Health Department website https://health.montgomery.nj.us/flu/ as flu vaccine shipments arrive. The following clinics have just been added by appointment only:
- Saturday, October 10, 9AM to 11AM: Drive through Clinic at Hopewell Boro Train Station on Railroad Avenue, Hopewell
- Saturday, October 17, 9AM to 12 Noon, Drive through Clinic at Montgomery Municipal Building
- Additional Walk-up and Senior (High dose) clinics will be announced for late October
“We are seeing a surge in demand for flu shots this season,” says Montgomery Township Health Officer Stephanie Carey. “At the same time, we are re-designing the way we operate our flu clinics, to implement social distancing and prevent crowding.” Enhanced safety measures include:
- All vaccinations will be provided by appointment only. Appointments can be made on our Health Dept. website at:
- Individuals without internet access can call 908-359-8211 x227 for appointments.
- Consent forms will be collected on-line.
- Appointments will be spaced to allow for social distancing, and to allow nurses extra time to disinfect between patients.
Safety Rules for Drive Through Clinics
- Masks are mandatory for everyone in car.
- Appointments are mandatory
- Paperless consent forms are embedded in your online registration.
- Wear short sleeves
- Maximum 4 people per vehicle, each seated by an open-able window
- Minimum age of 10 years (with parent)
- Free to Medicare
- Free to residents who have lost their jobs, lost their insurance, or lost income due to the pandemic
- Free to first responders and their households (with ID)
- $25 to all others (We will provide receipts for you to request reimbursement/cafeteria plan but cannot process these claims. Your fee helps us help families who are struggling to get their shots)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO VOTE
HOW CAN I VOTE BY MAIL?
All active registered voters in New Jersey will automatically receive their ballots in the mail. Then it’s as easy as VOTE, SIGN, SEAL, RETURN. How you return it is up to you.
1… Mail: It must be postmarked on or before 8:00 p.m. November 3 and be received by your county’s Board of Elections on or before November 10.
2… Secure Ballot Drop Box: Place your ballot in one of Somerset County’s secure ballot drop boxes by 8:00 p.m. on November 3. There is a drop box in front of the Montgomery Twp. Municipal Building, 2261 Rt. 206, Belle Mead, NJ 08502.
3… Polling Place: Bring your ballot to your polling place by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 3. Remember only you, the voter, can bring your ballot to your polling place on Election Day. Check your ballot materials for polling place or see below.
WHAT IF I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY BALLOT?
Every active voter registered in New Jersey should receive a ballot in the mail. If it hasn’t arrived by October 12, track your vote-by-mail ballot status online at Vote.NJ.Gov or contact the County Clerk, listed on the Somerset County website.
CAN I VOTE IN PERSON?
You may choose to vote in person at your polling place, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 3, and you will be provided a provisional paper ballot. Accommodations will be made for people with disabilities to use an accessible voting device. Remember, you can return your vote-by-mail ballot at your polling place. Go to Vote.NJ.Gov for your polling place, listed on the Find Your Polling Location page.
Your ballot indicates your district and the polling place where you should vote, which may be different than usual. Montgomery Township will have four (4) polling places open as follows:
- Central Jersey Masonic Center, 345 Kingston-River Road, Princeton (Dist. 1, 13, 18)
- Otto Kaufman Community Center, 356 Skillman Road, Skillman (Dist. 2-4, 16, 19)
- Montgomery Evangelical Free Church, 246 Griggstown Road, Belle Mead (Dist. 5, 6, 10-12, 17)
- Montgomery Township Municipal Building, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead (Dist. 7- 9, 14, 15)
HOW DO I REGISTER TO VOTE?
You must be registered by October 13 in order to vote. Visit Vote.NJ.Gov for online voter registration or to check your registration status.
WHERE CAN I GET ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR HELP?
Visit Vote.NJ.Gov for full details, drop box and polling locations, and more answers to frequently asked questions. You may also contact your local election officials, or call the Voter Information and Assistance Line at 1-877-NJ-VOTER (1-877-658-6837).
Source: Above excerpted from flier by the NJ Dept. of State and information from Somerset County Board of Elections and Somerset County Clerks Office.
MEMS Blood Drive Oct. 16
Because of you, life doesn’t stop!
Donate Blood and we will let you know if you have the antibodies to help patients battling with Covid-19.
Friday, October 16, 2020
1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location – Montgomery EMS
8 Harlingen Road
Belle Mead, NJ 08502
APPOINTMENTS ONLY: You may make an appointment using the link: https://donor.cbsblood.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/52738
For more information or to schedule a donation, call 877-258-4825 or visit vitalant.org #VitalToLife
* All Donors are required to WEAR A CLOTH BASED MASK OR FACE COVERING
* Weigh at least 110 lbs.
* Eat a meal before donation
* Bring ID
* Drink plenty of water before and after donation
For more information about Montgomery EMS, please contact: 908.359.4112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TODAY’S COVID-19 CASE FULL REPORT
There have been zero (0) new cases in Montgomery/Rocky Hill since our last report Friday, 10-02-20.
As of 9 am today, 10-05
Montgomery cases: 178
Montgomery deaths: 7
Rocky Hill cases: 6
Rocky Hill deaths: 0
Age Ranges of Cases in Montgomery & Rocky Hill:
184 confirmed and probably cases for Montgomery and Rocky Hill in total, of which:
– 167 presumed recovereda
– 10 currently ill
– 7 fatalities
a “Presumed recovered” means 30 days have elapsed since individual’s diagnosis and the person is not hospitalized.
Testing Site info found at: https://health.montgomery.nj.us/covid-testing/