- Presentation on Adverse Childhood Experiences by Resilient Youth of Somerset Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 6 PM in Somerville (27 Warren Street, Conference Room 1). This presentation is free for you to implement, so you may decide to bring it to your agency after previewing it! (Flyer)
- Somerset County 4-H Center. New Photography & Healthy Living Fun clubs are starting on February 1st at 7pm in the Ted Blum 4-H Center. These clubs are for students in grades 4th-13th (1 year out of high school). There is no cost to join to the club. (Flyer)
- Trauma – How It Impacts the Individual and Those Around Them. Tuesday February 6th | 6:00pm to 8:00pm. TriCounty CMO | 1st Floor Conference Room | 3040 Route 22 West | Branchburg, NJ. This presentation will review the different forms and symptoms of trauma and how it will impact the brain, relationships, and family dynamics. It will also explore secondary trauma, which impacts family friends and providers. It will provide information on treatment, how to be supportive, and self-care for all impacted by trauma. (Flyer)
- Life Planning: Who will care for my loved one when I am gone? Presented by Jason Miller, Director of Social Services, Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of NJ. Program is to educate families who have a loved one with a significant disability about the importance of planning for the individual’s future support. February 22nd, 6-8pm at 315 W. Washington Ave., Washington NJ, 07882. (Flyer)
- The Faith Community Nursing Ministry of Montgomery Evangelical Free Church will be hosting “ExcelAbility – Beyond Disability” on March 17, 2018 from 9:30am – 12:30pm at Montgomery Evangelical Free Church 246 Bellemead Griggstown Rd, Belle Mead, NJ 08502. Those with physical and/or cognitive disabilities, their caregivers, families, and friends will be motivated and provided with information to empower them to EXCEL and think differently about disabilities. (FLYER)
Please share with your staff and community contacts!
REMINDER: Next Alliance Meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 12, 2018 at the Otto Kaufman Community Center (356 Skillman Rd, Skillman, NJ 08558)